Friday, August 22, 2014

You won't lead me where you don't go...

I have a lump in my throat this morning.  I am moments away from the ugly cry.

So far, DC has been a pretty solitary experience for me.  Although I tend to be a little bit hermity, I also need people.  I need hugs.  I need laughter.  I like community.

I don't have any of these things.  Yet.  And, since this is such a short season, I may not ever find these things here.  But, I'm praying that God will surprise me, and blow my socks off with blessings.

I came into the office this morning, and there is only one other person here.  Her name is Tiffany, and she is great.  She's the head attorney working on Pastor Saeed's case.  She is 32.  She loves Jesus.  And this morning, as I sat in her office, God used her to speak directly to me.  We don't know each other.  Really. We've had one lunch together, and a handful of short, work related conversations.

Somehow, she ended up playing a song for me.  It's called "We Dance."  And we sat in her office and cried. Both knowing that we are in similar seasons in our faith journey.

Trusting God.
Separating the truth from the lies
Knowing who we are in Him, and not in the world
Trading our mourning for joy

And right now, all I want to do is curl up under a big blanket and cry my eyes out.  I want to take time and pour out my every thought to the Lord.  But, that will have to wait.  There is work to be done, so I'm asking God to dry up my tears for the time being, to allow me to focus on the life fight for Pastor Saeed.

I'm also asking God to be bold but gentle with me right now.  That He will spin me round and round and round.



No comments:

Post a Comment