Monday, July 28, 2014

A taste of things to come...

Today has been deeeelightful.  I took the day off to recoup from our crazy, fun, busy trip to Guyana.

Today has felt like a tiny taste of some of the things God has in store for the coming year.

I woke up and went for a beautiful, hilly walk.
I drank coffee on the back porch.
I read about God's love and promises.
I spent time praying out loud.
I talked to two of my dearest friends on the phone.
I've had "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman on repeat.
I sanded and respackled my friends bathroom so that it would be ready to paint.  (I've gotta earn my keep!)

I've been lost in thought today.  Beautiful thoughts about the goodness of the Lord.  It has been amazing to have time to simply think and process.  And dream.  I've been doing a lot of dreaming today.  I like that.  It's been a while since I've dreamed big for MY life.  I feel like God has given me permission to tell him the things my heart longs for...without feeling sheepish or selfish.

It's funny, I was looking at the timehop app, and the following is a quote I posted exactly 4 years ago...

"It seems to me we can never give up longing and wishing while we are alive.  There are certain things we feel to be beautiful and good, and we must hunger for them."  George Eliot

Beautiful and good things.  I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment