Sunday, July 27, 2014

Things are getting real...

I have no idea how to manage a blog.  And truthfully, I'm not even sure I want to have a blog.  I take that back...I KNOW I don't want to have a blog.

But, I feel like I'm supposed to.  The Lord has been doing an exceptional work in my life, and I feel like He wants me to share his goodness with the masses.  (And by the masses, I mean the 10 people who will probably ever read this!)  

It's been a crazy, cool couple of months.  I feel like I'm in a sweet spot right now.  I see the Lord's thumbprint ALL over my life.  I feel like he's written my story, and everyday, he lets me flip a page.  I don't get to read ahead.  I don't get to skip pages.  And more than anything, I'm trying not to skim the content.  

My eyes are open.  My heart is ready.  My faith is engaged.  

This journey is going to be exciting.  And at times, this journey is going to suck.  It will be humbling.  It will be sacrificial.  It will test me to the limits of my organized self.  I don't get to be in charge.  I don't love that.  I'm a doer. I like to get things done.  I don't like to wait on others.  But, I am choosing to wait on the Lord.  

And along this journey, I hope to find rest, love, laughter, and purpose.  His ways are always better than ours.  I believe that.  I really do.  

I just finished leading my last trip to Guyana, and got a new phone number today.  Things are getting real.  My last day of work is August 15th, and my heart is in no way prepared to say goodbye to that community.  Obedience is sometimes very painful.  But, do what you always did, and get what you always got.  So...I'm jumping off the cliff, and really looking forward to the free fall.

These are words that I'm taking with me on my journey...

"There's nothing on my horizon except everything...everything is on my horizon."  Dwight K. Schrute 

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you, Amy! Can't wait to see what you do with God this year! Praying for you. :)

    a

    ReplyDelete