Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Closer...

Isn't it nice to feel understood?!  To feel heard?  To feel connected?  

I was unexpectedly blessed today by a conversation about my "next steps".  I felt understood.  I felt heard.  I felt connected.  And even better, I felt validated.  I in no way need validation for my decisions, as I am swimming in complete peace.  But, how lovely to see the person across from me smile and nod with understanding.  Not just because they cared about what I was saying, but because they have walked a very similar path before, and know that I have a grand adventure in store.  I walked away feeling so encouraged and grateful for like-mindedness.   

-----------

I went on a walk tonight.  I put a song on repeat.  (Not shocking to anyone that knows me!)  It's called "Closer".  I've been listening to this for days.  It has spoken volumes to me.  As I was walking through the beauty of the mountains tonight, I realized that my hands were raised above my head.  It was an involuntary response to the music I was hearing, the beauty around me, and the grace, mercy and closeness that I am feeling to the Lord.  He is worthy to be praised...even if that means looking like a crazy person in the middle of the road.

Closer--Bethel Music
Your love has ravished my heart
And taken me over, taken me over
And all I want is to be
With You Forever, with You forever

Pull me a little closer
Take me a little deeper
I want to know Your heart
'Cause your love is so much sweeter
Than anything I've tasted
I want to know Your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment