Sunday, August 3, 2014

Launched...


In church this morning, my friend (and Pastor), Jason, shared a story that left me wondering why I ever wear makeup to church.  I should just stop.  I cry it off...every. single. time.

He shared about when he knew God was calling him to be the Pastor of a little mountain church in Boone. Jason, didn't want that.  But God pursued him, and confirmed that calling. (And we all thank God that Jason listened!)

Jason shared that He felt like God was throwing him up in the air.  Like a Father would do with a child.  And as gravity has a tendency to take over, the child will always fall.  To be caught.  And typically thrown up again.  There's always an up and down. But Jason shared that during this time, he never felt like he came back down...but that God came up to him.  Ultimately to throw him higher and higher each time.

This spoke to me in ways that I can't even begin to share with you.  But, this is how I've been feeling lately.  Knowing, undoubtedly, that God has been throwing me in the air.  And how fun and delightful that has been.  But, I've been feeling the fall that inevitably comes with it.  And each time, the Lord catches me.  And when it's time to launch me again, I feel myself having to take that deep breath of preparedness that comes with being launched.

This morning, through Jason, the Lord put a new prayer on my heart.  That God will continue to toss me, but that He will raise up to meet me, instead of having to catch me when I fall.

I could use a little bit of momentum in my life right now.  Everything is different.  Not much is familiar.  The future is completely unknown.  I'm embracing every little thing that is coming my way, but its hard.  And at times, a little bit isolating.

I am grateful for these words this morning, and my new prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment