Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Ms. Lowrey goes to Washington...

God keeps surprising me.  Every.  Single.  Day.  

I was approached late last week about an opportunity to work on a special project for Samaritan's Purse.  It came completely out of left field.  As soon as it was explained and offered, I knew that I was supposed to accept it.

I've been looking forward to a season of rest.  My last day with OCC is this coming Friday.  I just found out yesterday that I will leave for DC on Sunday.  Instead of a season of rest, I now have 1 day.  

So, that's different.  

My friend asked me if I'm ok with it.  As it is so different than what I've been anticipating.  My immediate answer was "God knows that my sense of adventure is greater than my desire for rest."  

And beyond that, I trust God.  He keeps telling me to simply wake up each day, and He will reveal the next steps.  

I'm not able to supply a lot of details right now, but I'll be moving to Washington DC for a month and a half to work with Samaritan's Purse and the ACLJ (American Center for Law and Justice) to help coordinate an event for Pastor Saeed Abedin. (American/Iranian Pastor that is currently imprisoned in Iran.)  

Will you please pray for Pastor Saeed?  Just today, the ACLJ posted this story:  http://aclj.org/iran/isis-militants-issue-death-threats-against-pastor-saeed-from-within-rajai-shahr-prison

I feel like there is A LOT going on in my life right now.  I'm unable to process everything that is happening. 

And that's ok.  

I'm just taking one minute at a time.  Trusting God with the big and small details of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment