Sunday, October 26, 2014

Failing...

I'm failing...at unemployment.

I've known for months that I would be working in the Operation Christmas Child processing center in Boone from November 19th-December 20th.

On Thursday, I was asked if I would be willing to start a bit early.  As in that coming Monday.  Now, as in tomorrow.

I didn't hesitate to say yes.  During this whole process, God keeps impressing on my heart that He does not want me to pursue options, but that He will bring opportunities to me.  And even in the opportunities, He has given me the freedom to say yes or no.

I've been approached about several full time jobs, and I've closed those doors.

But the last two opportunities from Samaritan's Purse (Pastor Saeed Prayer Vigil and now working with OCC again) were easy yeses.  I felt a peace about each of these things.  I knew that God clearly opened these doors, and I freely walked through them.

I started laughing as soon as I told them I was willing to start early.  I fretted last week about the guilt I felt for getting too much rest.  Ha!  God knew what was next.  He knew that instead of having another 3 weeks of down time, that I would be quickly entering the next phase of my journey.

Watching the way that God keeps weaving the details of my life has been so beautiful.  He has been so big, so real, and so present.

Heading back to work tomorrow means seeing my closest friends everyday.  It means having an extra 3 weeks of income for a very unknown future.  It means working in a different aspect of a ministry that I have loved dearly for the last four years.  I'm excited to develop an even deeper love, through this different perspective.

By years end, I should have been jobless for four months...and instead, it will have been a total of four weeks.  Oh geez, God is hilarious!

This next little while may not bring the rest I've gotten the last few weeks, but I'm sure that God will use it to help accomplish the other three things that I'm actively pursuing...rest, LOVE, LAUGHTER, and PURPOSE.

Well, I need to start getting ready for bed...because I have to set my alarm clock for the first time in several weeks.  :/  I am terribly bad at mornings.

These past months have been such an incredible journey in my faith and relationship with Christ. Can't wait to see what is next.  I'm betting it will make me laugh as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment